Acne is characterized by pore clogging and keratinized epithelial cells of excretory ducts of sebaceous glands and hair follicles including the inflammatory processes in them. The skin is affected mainly on the face, back, on the upper chest area and less frequently on the neck or shoulder girdle area. It has been conclusively proved that the occurrence of acne is not connected with hygienic skin care, meaning that if you are suffering from acne; don’t assume cleaning your face more and more could actually help because it could even irritate the skin more. No matter how many times you wash your face, it probably won’t improve the skin condition as there are many factors to consider, the problem of acne is much more complex that that.
Acne disease has a tendency to long-lasting chronicity (continuing for a long time) with frequent recurrences. In 50% of cases, acne is a cause of various psycho-emotional disorders and its treatment gives significant difficulties for dermatologists and cosmetologists.
This article covers the causes of acne appearance and effective medications, oriented treat this skin condition.
Here you will find:
- The Causes of Acne Appearance
- The Modern Treatment Methods
- The Medications, Oriented to Acne Treatment
- The Medication Selection Criteria
The Causes of Acne Appearance
Commonly the first appearance of acne is during puberty, the growth stage from 12-14 years for girls and 14-15 for boys. It can proceed in such variants as “physiological” or “clinical” ones, which require treatment in 15% of cases. 7% of people face this disease for the first time at the age of 40. Some forms of acne are characterized by their favorable progression — they are easier to treat and don’t remain cicatricial (scarring) skin changes. The other forms are denser, have a confluent (blending/flowing together) character, form phlegmon (swelling/inflammation) and don’t cause gross cosmetic defects.
The main causes of facial acne appearance:
- The income of a lot of sex hormones into epidermis that contributes to various disorders including the increase of sebum production by sebaceous glands.
- Progesterone (a precursor of Adreno- corticosteroid and sex hormones) also has the similar effect on oil glands. Therefore, sebaceous glands secretion is increasing before the menstruation in some women and acne is taking place as a result.
- The increase of skin structures sensitivity to sex hormones, which are circulating in the bloodstream.
- The relative disadvantage of linoleic acid during the intensified growth and puberty period, and zinc deficiency in blood serum, which is found in 80% of the patients having acne disease. Zinc contributes to hormone balance normalization and decreases in sebum secretion by the glands.
The inherited predisposition is supposed to be one of the predisposing causes (but not a reliable one). The reduction of systemic immune defense of the organism, intestinal dysbacteriosis, improper feeding, lifestyle and other factors play the provoking role.
The Modern Treatment Methods
Acne treatment is based on regarding acne disease as a result of hormonal disorders in the organism with the availability of contributory factors. That is why the local treatment alone is appropriate only providing that there are just singular elements. In other cases, acne therapy should be complex and be carried out after the examination of endocrine, digestive and other systems of the organism.
There exist the following treatment principles:
- The restriction of high-carbohydrate products, coffee, alcoholic drinks and hot spices consumption if this intensifies skin oiliness and provokes acute condition of disease;
- The treatment of concomitant diseases, the normalization of endocrine system function and psychoemotional state;
- The sanitation of the identified persistent infection sources in the organism;
- The usage of facial cleaners regardless of disease severity; in spite of the fact that acne appearance is not connected with improper skin care, the acidic or neutral environment contributes to inflammatory and suppurative complications;
- Systemic and local effect on the organism with the usage of drug and cosmetic products including mechanical acne treatment;
The methods and medications are selected by dermatologists and cosmetologists depending on the process extension and disease severity.
Medications, Oriented to Acne Treatment
The selection of medications for acne treatment is the responsibility of a doctor. The first thing the doctor should do is to identify the patient’s skin type. Thus, there are four skin types the patient could be divided among:
- Dry skin;
- Normal skin;
- Combined skin;
- Oily skin.
People with combined and oily skin type are the most prone to acne and pimples. When it comes to the given risk group, acne may occur not only on the face but also on the shoulders, back and chest area. Herewith, oily skin requires more complicated skin care, because it is in need of not only more intensive cleaning, but also additional moisturization.
So, let’s examine the most effective medications acne treatment medications.
Safi syrup is one of the best ayurvedic (ancient Hindu medicine) remedies for blood clearance, treatment, and prevention of many skin diseases. This syrup, which should be taken orally, is so efficient that will cleanse any skin, even oily.
The herbal preparation Safi includes 27 herbs, which have an all round effect on the organism: the gastrointestinal tract clearance, chronic constipations removal, liver clearance, getting rid of intestinal parasites, removal of intoxication in case of alcoholic drinks and synthetic medicaments consumption, smoking or poisoning; cholesterol reduction, hemorrhoid, ulcer and other intestinal diseases treatment.
The natural components, which are included as the compounds of Safi Syrup, cause the potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect, contribute to metabolism enhancement and abscess resorption, cleanse the liver by reducing the level of toxins, reduce and cool fewer.
This product doesn’t contain hormones or antibiotics, it doesn’t become addictive and doesn’t provoke aggravation of the skin condition. The main active ingredient of Clensit is the active form of vitamin A. It is given without a prescription.
This preparation reduces sebum secretion, decreases squamae formation, contributes to sebaceous plugs removal and significantly prevents the appearance of acne in this way.
Clensit is available in gel and cream form. The gel is preferable for oily and combined skin and the cream is best for dry and sensitive skin types.
Triphala is a mixture of three fruits: Amalaki (Phyllanthus Emblica), which is Indian gooseberry; Bibhitaki (Terminalia Belerica) and Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula). Triphala is widely spread in a powder form (churna; a mixture of powdered herbs and or mineral used in Ayurvedic medicine), which requires mixing it with water, ghee oil or honey. It is frequently available in the form of capsules, tablets, and powder. There are a variety of ways to prepare Triphala: to name a few, oil extraction, an infusion, a syrup and a natural fermentation (asava/arishta).
In order to treat the skin diseases, it is necessary to take Triphala with a mixture of ghee oil and honey (these components should be taken in unequal ratio) and make fomentations using Triphala infusion. Triphala decoction can be taken both orally and externally (for ulcer detersion, purulent pimples treatment etc.). For enhancing the skin structure and its clearance, you can make facial masks using Triphala as a basic component.
Kumkumaadi Lepam Cream
This concentrated cream will make your skin look natural, fresh, healthy, firm, shining, smooth and even more. This product efficiently removes the pimples, acne, irritations, redness and even nevus pigments, small wrinkles, and scars.
Kumkumaadi Lepam protects the skin from early withering and restores a water-lipid balance.
Medication Selection Criteria
Whatever medication for acne treatment is chosen, it is necessary to keep in mind the following criteria:
- Before using any external measures, you need to carry out an allergic reaction test. Apply a small amount of the medication to the skin area on the crease of your arm or wrist. If there is no redness, itching or peeling, you can apply the chosen product to the problem skin areas.
- Remember that even the most potent acne medication has its expiration date. You may notice that your favorite medication will suddenly not prove effective after a while. This is due to the fact that bacteria develop immunity to the components of the particular product. In such a case, you need to search for a new facial acne medication.
The proper execution of product instruction and the above-mentioned easy rules will become your reliable aids when fighting for your skin health and beauty.