Epilation is the most popular method of hair removal. It is performed both at beauty salons and at home. Using a special sticky mixture, you can pull out the hair from any part of the skin, no matter where it grows. Some even say that if you perform this procedure regularly, you can get rid of excess hair forever.
Epilation (or bio epilation) is based on the principle of pulling out hair with a sticky substance (wax, sugar, caramel mixture). The product is applied to the epilated area in the direction of hair growth. Next, a strip of fabric or heavy paper is put on the wax and is pressed to the body. The most important thing is to tear the fabric off the skin accurately and sharply. It is necessary to pull it parallel to the surface of the skin against hair growth. The residual wax is removed with oil.
How Long Should my Hair be for the Procedure?
For the procedure to be the most pleasing, the hair length should not be less than 4-5 millimeters. However, if the hair is considerably longer, then it is recommended to cut it to the desired length, otherwise, the procedure will be painful. The result of lasts for a few weeks.
A layer of dead cells is removed along with the product and hair, and the skin becomes soft and delicate after the procedure.
How Often Should I Implement this Procedure?
Repeat the procedure every 2-4 weeks for the eyebrows, lips, chin and every 4-6 weeks for the bikini area, arms, and legs. To increase the time between the procedures, use products that slow down the growth of hair.
Where Can I get Wax?
Wax strips can be bought at a store or pharmacy. Many manufacturers offer ready-made mixes for waxing, although many of them are ineffective. The wax is often of poor quality and does not grip the hair properly and can cause an allergy. The stores also provide sugaring pastes, which can sometimes be ineffective also.
Another method of hair removal at home is manufacturing the sticky substance on your own. It is not so difficult, and the efficiency of the procedure with a homemade product tends 100%.
Below, we will consider home recipes, which will help you to remove the hair in any area easily and quickly.
- Preparing for Hair Removal at Home
- Homemade Recipes for the Paste
- After the Hair Removal Procedure
Preparing for Hair Removal at Home
The efficiency of waxing will depend to a large extent on the preparation for the procedure.
How to prepare your skin properly?
- Make sure that the length of the hair is right for waxing.
- Steam the skin under the shower.
- Use the scrub/ rigid sponge to remove the layer of dead cells.
- Treat the desired areas with lotion (it may contain alcohol), degreasing the skin for its better adhesion with the wax.
- Heat the mixture in a water bath or microwave
Homemade Recipes for the Paste
We offer you the best recipes for at0home hair removal. All of them have been proven and experienced by us personally. The components are 100% safe. By following these tips, you can get rid of excess hair in any area quickly and easily.
Caramel Hair Removal
With an extensive amount of positive feedback from women, using caramel for hair removal characterizes this procedure from the best. All women identify the following advantages:
- Caramel hair removal at home is very convenient; it does not require special skills.
- Caramel is not fat-soluble in contrast to wax. Due to this property, caramel penetrates the hair follicle and pulls the hair out and it does not break it off like wax does. The hair grows much more slowly and gradually becomes thinner. It almost disappears over time.
- Due to the fact the hair does not break off, the possibility of ingrown hairs is almost completely eliminated.
- Very often after hair removal from the bikini area, women notice not only skin irritation but even strong tissue edema, which may not be resolved for several days. Caramel hair removal is less painful and does not cause such a strong reaction of the skin.
- Before caramel hair removal, you do not need to pre-reduce the length of the hair. You can immediately start the hair removal procedure.
- Depilatory caramel does not require to be heated to high temperatures. In addition, caramel hair removal will not make you susceptible to the appearance of spider veins on the skin.
- Caramel hair removal bot only removes unwanted hairs, but also the rough layer of the skin, that is as you perform a kind of peeling. As a result, the skin becomes not only smooth but also velvety and soft to the touch.
To remove the residues of caramel after depilation, just wash it away with water. You may also apply any moisturizer which will help eliminate redness, which is a result of irritation of the skin.
Caramel hair removal at home will not cause difficulties. The most important thing you need to know is how to cook the caramel for depilation. Never fear that something will go wrong.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Sugar — 100 grams. Both regular sugar and cane sugar can be used
- Water — 100 grams, you can use tap water
- In some cases, citric acid is added when preparing caramel for hair removal. Citric acid is used in cases when the caramel depilation of bikini area is performed
Put all the ingredients into an enamel container; carefully mix them until smooth in a mixer. Then bring the mixture to a boil on an element. The mixture must be constantly stirred until the sugar is completely dissolved.
When you achieve the desired consistency, remove the mixture from the heat and let it be cooled. When the paste is cooled, it will look like chewing gum. You need to put caramel on the depilated area and leave it for a minute. After that, remove the caramel with a sharp movement. You will remove unwanted hairs together with caramel. During the bikini area hair removal, it is not recommended to treat a large area of the skin at once. It is better to remove the hair, pre-dividing the area of treatment into some small areas.
Sugar hair removal is as effective as waxing, but it is considered to be less painful. The skin after sugaring hair removal is softer and smoother than after waxing. The effect lasts longer.
- It is inexpensive and therefore available to everyone;
- Sugaring is not traumatic. You will not remove the top layer of the skin together as you remove the hairs as in waxing, and you do not have the risk of cutting yourself as you do while shaving, you will not be lubricating your skin with hair removal creams of questionable compositions. No burns, bruises, and no irritation.
- Sugaring does not cause any allergy. Since sugaring is based on a simple and completely natural composition, the risk of allergic reactions is minimal; there will be no ingrown hairs nor inflammations. The properly performed procedure of sugaring at home negates the risk of ingrown hairs.
To get started, try to cook a small portion of sugar caramel in order to understand the overall technology and try sugaring. Then you may increase the number of components in a few times as you wish.
You will need:
- 6 tsp of sugar;
- 2 tsp of warm water;
- 2 tsp of citric acid.
Mix sugar and water to a pulp in a saucepan, put the mixture on low heat and cook, stirring carefully. When the mass starts to change the color from transparent white to a golden caramel, you can check if it is ready. Add a droplet of the mixture to cold water; if it does not spread and solidifies in the form of a droplet, the mixture is ready for use. Add the citric acid into the mixture, remove it from the heat, but do not stop stirring. You should get homogeneous golden mass without grains. Let it cool to room temperature.
When the mass is cooled, take it you in hand and start kneading it. At first, it resembles transparent amber. But in the process of kneading it becomes lighter; it loses its transparency and becomes a pearl color. The mass is similar to clay. Roll the balls down and distribute them over the surface of the skin. Sugaring mixture should be applied against the hair growth. Remove it in the direction of hair growth. Sugaring at home removes hair the length of 2-5 mm.
Honey Hair Removal
Honey hair removal is very effective. Before you perform the procedure of honey hair removal at home, you should ensure you don’t have any cuts or scratches on your skin and make sure you don’t have an allergy to honey.
Honey hair removal pros:
- It is an inexpensive procedure.
- It is performed with wax, consisting of natural products and no preservatives.
- You can perform hair removal procedure at any time of the day
- Honey hair removal does not break off the hair. Therefore, they cannot grow into the skin
The following components are used to prepare the paste:
- Natural honey — 200 grams. You can use absolutely any honey, i.e. white honey, buckwheat honey, sweet clover honey.
- 1,5 cups of powdered sugar.
- Freshly squeezed juice of three lemons.
Mix fresh honey and powdered sugar in a large container, gradually adding the lemon juice. Warm up the mixture on an element until the honey is very runny and the sugar is completely dissolved. Constantly stir the mixture with a wooden spoon. The wax should be cooled to room temperature.
For the procedure, get some honey wax with a wooden stick and apply it to the skin. The strip should not exceed 6 cm in width and 11 cm in length. Cover the skin with honey wax with a piece of clean fabric (it is better to use cotton fabric), and smooth the fabric on the skin with strong movements. For the procedure, you have to tighten the skin around the fabric and hold it. Grasp the edge of the fabric closer to the skin and against the direction of hair growth. Remove the fabric from the skin with a sharp movement. Apply honey wax and perform the procedure until the skin becomes smooth. After the procedure, apply moisturizing lotion or cream on your skin.
An excellent recipe for hair removal at home.
What ingredients you need:
- 130 g of white bee wax
- 360 g of carnauba wax (or jasmine wax)
- 7 ml of glycerin
- A few drops of essential oils: neroli or lavender oil
Melt bee and carnauba wax on an element or microwave until it’s consistently smooth. Then cool the mixture a little and add glycerin and essential oil. The mixture is no ready to be used. It can be stored in the refrigerator and warmed up prior to being heated.
Hair removal is performed in a standard way: apply the wax to the skin prepared for the procedure. Remove the wax with sharp movements against hair growth.
After the Hair Removal Procedure…
If you want your skin to remain healthy and beautiful, you must remember a few rules of care for after depilation procedure:
- Skin disinfection
- Soothe and refresh the skin with the help of a contrast shower, which is to let the pores close
- Use a moisturizer to avoid dry skin
- Do not wear extremely tight clothing for approximately three days to avoid irritation
- Avoid direct sun exposure
- Perform exfoliation three days after depilation to protect yourself from ingrown hairs
We hope our recipes of mixtures for hair removal at home will be useful for you. We wish you beauty in any situation!