Removing dark spots, patches, and skin whitening are popular kinds of treatment all over the world. In order to deal with pigmentation, which is a common blemish, one should first understand what causes pigmentation and be familiar with the ingredients that bring about the desired outcome. Glutathione for whitening skin is among the most popular and effective remedies used for skin whitening. This powerful antioxidant can be found in two forms: pills and injections. When taken consistently and as directed you can expect glutathione whitening results of 1-3 shades lighter within 1-3 months and long term users can expect 5-6 shades lighter or more. The best glutathione on the market can be purchased online with ease.
When applied topically as a component of a cosmetic product, glutathione is able to produce an apparent rejuvenating effect. Glutathione inhibits melanin production by the skin, which results in a lighter complexion. This amino acid is frequently used to treat hyperpigmentation, melasma, uneven complexion, age spots and pigmentation spots on the skin. Taking a glutathione skin whitening capsule not only has beneficial properties for the pigmentation but also other aspects of your health and beauty, which you find out more about further down.
In order to find out more about this miracle-working component, we are going to dwell on the following issues:
- What is Glutathione?
- Important Facts about the Properties of Glutathione Pills
- Indications and Contraindications
- How does Glutathione Work as an Ingredient of Cosmetic Products?
- Cosmetic Products that Contain Glutathione
- Glutathione Injections
What is Glutathione?
Glutathione is a simple molecule which consists of three amino acid building blocks, namely — cysteine, glycerine, and glutamine. What makes it so powerful is the presence of sulfur-containing compounds (SH). Sulfur is a highly adhesive substance. Its molecules collect all the junk accumulated by our body, including free radicals, toxins, and heavy metals.
Glutathione is one of the most potent antioxidants and the main collector of free radicals in our cells. It is the key element in three out of the four antioxidant systems of our body. It performs its antioxidant function by protecting the cells of our immune system, lymphoid cells in particular. Free radicals are the weapon that our immune cells use to fight harmful germs. Glutathione deficiency may cause your lymphoid cells to draw the fire upon themselves and be destroyed. Obviously, this will result in a serious damage to your immune system.
Glutathione is derived in sterile laboratory conditions from three natural amino acids: glycerine, L-glutamine acid, and L-cysteine. This amino acid is contained in each cell of the human body. Even though our cells are able to produce their own glutathione from the three said amino acids, most of our antioxidants come from food.
Glutathione contributes to all the antioxidant processes of our body. Its main function is to destroy free radicals and to control immune processes. Free radicals emerge when our immune system is involved in a fight with viruses and bacteria. It is glutathione that helps to inhibit the production of free radicals and protect the cells of our body from destruction.
Additional Properties of a Glutathione Skin Whitening Capsule
Fighting with free radicals is not the only job that glutathione performs. It has a number of important properties, such as:
- Anti-inflammatory effect
- Thrombolytic effect
- Anti-atherosclerotic effect
- Catalysis (in relation to enzymes and other substances)
- Participation in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism
- Transformation of amino acids
- Acceleration of healing processes
Also, it is able to whiten your skin by turning eumelanin, the pigment that makes your skin dark, into pheomelanin, which prevails in lighter skin types.
Important Facts about the Properties of Glutathione Pills
Glutathione is an amino acid which is essential for our body. The beneficial effect of health products which this component contains this cannot be overstated. Let’s review some interesting and important facts about glutathione.
- It is the king of antioxidants and plays a vital role in protecting our body from free radicals, toxins and all sorts of illnesses and viruses. Also, it protects us from the harmful impact of urban environment and radiation.
- It constantly safeguards us against viruses, toxins and all kinds of illnesses. Our liver would be intoxicated and poisoned with toxins if it were not protected by this amino acid. As a result, it would not be able to perform its duty properly, and our body would die.
- This component is produced by each and every cell. It plays a pivotal role in the healing and self-cleaning ability of our body.
- Glutathione level in our cells has a direct impact on our lifespan. This index is of vital importance. If glutathione became depleted, we would not be able to survive, because our liver would accumulate a critical amount of waste chemicals and toxins.
- At about the age of 20, production of glutathione by the body of a healthy adult begins to slow down at a rate of 1% per year. However, such factors as unhealthy diet, adverse ecological effects and excessive use of medicines impair glutathione production even more seriously. Some researchers suggest that a 30% reduction in glutathione supply causes the cells to stop working properly.
- The glutathione level in the cells has a direct impact on our lifespan. The amount of this amino acid is the ultimate index of death rate among HIV patients. GSH level, on the other hand, shows life expectancy among AIDS-infected people.
- Oral glutathione intake is ineffective because this amino acid is destroyed by stomach acid. When we swallow a product containing glutathione, our body identifies it as ordinary food. Nevertheless, a lot of “GSH based products” have appeared on the international market since people have become aware of its benefits. People who buy such products are wasting their money because our stomach breaks down this amino acid just like it does any other food in the process of digestion.
Indications and Contraindications
Like any other cosmetic ingredient, glutathione for whitening skin has its own indications and contraindications. Let’s see, who can and should use it, and who, on the other hand, had better turn to other remedies.
It is recommended if you want:
- to improve your complexion. Glutathione is a highly effective remedy which may help you solve the complex task of improving your complexion, removing red spots, rough patches, and dry skin. It also helps people with immaculate skin to maintain a healthy complexion. There are a lot of women who use glutathione to achieve smoother and more tender skin;
- to fight hyperpigmentation. Glutathione is a natural skin lightening agent, therefore, other skin lighteners cannot rival with this natural substance. To put it simply, glutathione helps to rid derma and epidermis of free radicals and toxins which cause the so-called age spots, melanoderma, and some other common skin pigmentation disorders;
- to prevent some diseases and photodamage. Natural antioxidants are known to be able to protect us from some forms of skin cancer. A combined action of sunscreen and antioxidant products provide a more effective protection from sunburn and photodamage than just sunscreen alone;
- to treat some forms of acne. Unfortunately, glutathione is not effective if acne is due to hormone imbalance. This component does not influence the level of hormones in your body.
- it is strictly counter indicative if you are hypersensitive to it, which is an unlikely situation since as it’s an essential amino acid produced by our body;
- you should not use products containing this antioxidant during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
How Does it Work as a Skin Whitening Ingredient?
Glutathione is essentially a peptide chain which is not only inherent in the human body but also vital for its health. The truth is that skin cells are permanently exposed to oxidation, which is worsened by ultraviolet radiation, environmental pollution etc. It is glutathione that helps to regenerate skin cells which were damaged by free radicals. Generally speaking, glutathione is a powerful antioxidant and a very effective component of cosmetic products, especially when it is used in combination with “friendly” antioxidants, such as vitamin C, alpha-lipoic acid, or coenzyme Q10. A combination of these three substances is able to repair the skin completely and diminish the signs of aging.
A combination of antioxidants is believed to produce a synergy effect and be more effective than just one antioxidant per product. In addition, glutathione is able to regenerate other antioxidants, including degraded vitamin C and vitamin E, and restore their cell protecting capacity. This is why skin care products often consist of multiple antioxidants.
If you are planning to use skin whitening at home but are wary of possible side effects, you should consider glutathione-based methods. They are incomparable as far as skin lightening is concerned. It seems to be the most effective and quick-acting natural component for removing pigmentation spots. In addition to skin lightening, glutathione has a number of useful properties. It gives the skin a glowing effect and helps to remove some other skin blemishes.
Women who suffer from acne outbreaks or whose skin is prone to all kinds of inflammations will definitely appreciate the benefits of this amino acid. As a natural antioxidant, glutathione can reduce skin inflammation which occurs after invasive treatment, such as laser resurfacing, mesotherapy and so on.
Cosmetic Products Containing Glutathione
Among the most common products, glutathione can be included in:
- anti-age creams, masks, and serums
- creams and masks for skin lightening
- hydrating and nourishing creams, lotions and cleansing tonics; sunscreens and after-tan products
Typically, such products have 2-5% glutathione concentration.
Another method of glutathione application is to use it as an ingredient of a mesotherapy cocktail. It can also be used as a filler for facial contouring. Nowadays, it is widely used in aesthetic medicine not only as an auxiliary ingredient but also as a whitening component of skin fillers.
Glutathione injections are used for cosmetic purposes, such as skin lightening. This substance is applied to rejuvenate the tender face, neck and decollete area of skin. Besides, it helps to rid this area of pigment spots.
Our body does not assimilate glutathione when it is swallowed in capsules. It regards the substance as any other kind of food and simply breaks down and digests it. The only effective way to introduce glutathione to your body is by intravenous infusion (directly into the vein). This treatment should be carried out in a beauty salon under the supervision of an experienced cosmetologist.
To sum up, glutathione can be used not only for skin whitening but also as a health-promoting remedy improving your skin, hair, and nails thanks to it being the body’s no.1 antioxidant.