Nowadays, cellulite is more than just a nuisance for most women. A few decades ago, women would feel quite comfortable at the beach, because cellulite bumps under the skin used to be regarded as a normal condition of the skin, nobody paid any attention to it. Today, however, cellulite is considered as a sign of an unkempt body. This forces us to put in the extra effort and take more care of our body.
Everybody knows that removing cellulite is a daunting task. There are quite a few anti-cellulite cosmetic remedies and medicines, but most of them are rather expensive. They are designed for a lengthy course of treatment which may last for months. The worst thing is that even though they are pricey, these remedies may turn out to be useless.
In order to deal with cellulite efficiently, you should determine what causes cellulite. After that, undergo a course of holistic treatment, which includes a healthy diet, physical exercise and stress preventing behavior. All the components of this treatment will help you to improve your health and the level of wellness.
If you have sufficient willpower and commitment and follow all our recommendations persistently, it will not be long before you notice that your health has improved. You will be gradually getting rid of cellulite. Depending on the severity of your skin condition, it may take as little as a few weeks to achieve your target.
In this article, we are going to consider the following aspects of anti-cellulite treatment:
- Anti-Cellulite Cream
- Essential Oils
- Coffee Scrub
- Anti-Cellulite clothing
- Body Wraps
- Suction Cups
- Proper Diet
If you want to choose the right anti-cellulite cream, it’s important to read the list of ingredients very attentively. The most effective product should contain some of the following ingredients: lotus, citrus fruit, hawthorn, laminaria, sage, lemon, bergamot, chamomile, saline minerals, hypericum, horse chestnut, pineapple extract, A, C, E and complex B vitamins, brown seaweed, coriander, myrtle, lavender, origanum and sandalwood.
Remember, that persistence and continuity is key to an effective use of anti-cellulite cream. Arm yourself with patience and be persistent. Use anti-cellulite cream daily for the best result.
Oil is an essential part of any kind of anti-cellulite treatment. One method is to add oil to bath water. Oil is a necessary part of the anti-cellulite massage, masks, and wraps. Essential oils balance and boost the metabolic processes, stimulate tissue regeneration and help remove inflammations of the neural and connective tissue.
(You will find detailed recipes and tips on the use of essential oils for cellulite in this article).
General Recommendations for the use of Oils
- Essential oils must not be used on their own. They must be added to a base oil, such as olive oil, peach oil or almond oil. We recommend using almond oil. Add 10 drops of essential oil to 1 teaspoon of base oil for one treatment.
- It is very important that you mix up the oils correctly. First, instill essential oil into a glass bowl, add the base oil and combine both ingredients quickly. Essential oils evaporate really quickly, so only make as much of the mixture as you will use for one treatment.
When Essential Oils should be Used
- Anti-cellulite massage. Mix 10 drops of the essential oil of your choice with 1 teaspoon of base oil. Warm up your skin, give it a peeling, apply the mixture of oils and have a thorough anti-cellulite massage.
- Wraps. For this kind of treatment, you can use pure essential oils or add them to the anti-cellulite products meant for wraps.
- Anti-cellulite baths. If you use essential oil for a bath, mix it up with a base oil, add the mixture to bath salt and lather; then gradually add it to the bath water.
The particles of ground coffee or spent coffee grounds give an outstanding peeling effect. They remove dirt and oil from the skin and cleanse the pores. Coffee contains antioxidants that rejuvenate the skin. Even more, the caffeine contained in coffee produces a beneficial effect on our skin and body in many ways.
- Vessel-dilating effect. Caffeine relaxes your blood vessels and causes them to dilate. It also stimulates circulation in your skin and sub-dermis. Resulting in a better metabolism and the breakdown of fat in particular.
- It helps to remove excessive liquid from your skin cells. As a result, your skin becomes smooth and firm. Removal of excessive liquid helps you to lose weight and have a slimmer and firmer body.
- Coffee scrub produces a wholesome effect on your blood vessels. The use of a coffee scrub is a perfect remedy to prevent varicose veins. A regular use of coffee scrub helps to strengthen vascular walls and make them more resilient.
You should only use natural ground coffee in good condition and whose shelf life has not expired. In terms of its rejuvenating effect, green coffee is preferable.
You can prepare coffee scrubbing stuff for several treatments. It can be stored for as long as 5 days. Store it in a lidded box in a dry and cool place.
Manufacturers of anti-cellulite clothing claim that their products give the skin a massage and create a kind of “sauna effect”. As a result, the excessive liquid is removed from your body.
While you are moving, anti-cellulite clothing gives your skin a massage and warms it up. It encourages blood and lymph circulation, boosts metabolism and causes the removal of excessive liquid. At the same time, the process of fat breakdown in the sub-dermis goes on.
There are several kinds of anti-cellulite clothing for getting rid of orange peel skin:
- One-layer underwear with massage effect is an effective remedy for preventing orange peel skin. However, it does not cure this condition.
- Some parts of these clothes are impregnated with anti-cellulite substances, such as theophylline acetate, capsaicin, and biochips. However, the effect is gone as soon as the item is washed.
- The best kind of anti-cellulite underwear is three-layered. Its inner layer is made of latex or neoprene, which is a kind of natural rubber. It helps to create a “sauna effect”, causes fast breakdown of fat in the sub-dermis and stimulates the removal of excessive liquid and toxins. The upper layer is made of lycra fabric made of polyurethane fiber. This layer makes your body look firm and slim. The lower layer is made of natural cotton, which makes such corrective underwear comfortable and pleasant to wear.
- Micro-massage underwear has a wavy structure. This underwear is made of a material that has convex-concave cells that give your skin deep massage while you are moving, which stimulates blood and lymph circulation. Micro-massage underwear does not only remove cellulite but also prevents varicose veins.
You should wear anti-cellulite clothes either at home or at the gym. Apply some anti-cellulite cream before you put on anti-cellulite clothes or underwear. Read the instructions carefully and do not wear these clothes longer than recommended. Have a shower when you take it off.
There are no specific precautions for using anti-cellulite clothing. It is essential, however, that they fit you well. Anti-cellulite clothes should be tight-fitting, but they must not hinder your movements or cause discomfort. They should be worn for three or four hours at a time. Some manufacturers specify a longer time, and it’s best if you follow these guidelines.
Do not expect anti-cellulite clothes to work miracles. You will have to wear this kind of underwear daily for at least three months before you see the result.
Wrapping is a highly effective method of cellulite treatment. There are both cold and warm wraps. Each woman can choose the method that is best for her, depending on the individual characteristics of her skin.
At-home anti-cellulite wraps are as effective as the ones made at a beauty salon, provided they are done properly. You do not need any special equipment or skills to perform this kind of anti-cellulite treatment.
However, there are a number of precautions that you should bear in mind.
In order to make a DIY anti-cellulite wrap, you will need a wide plastic food wrap (30 cm wide), an anti-cellulite remedy, either purchased or home-made, a body scrub and a blanket or a shawl to keep you warm. The procedure is as follows:
- Start by cleansing your skin with a scrub.
- Make a brief (5 minutes) but intense massage of the areas affected by cellulitis. It will stimulate blood flow to the areas you are about to treat.
- Apply a thick layer of the anti-cellulite remedy that you have prepared.
- Wrap the problem areas in the plastic film moving upwards. Wrapping must be reasonably tight, but it must not hinder circulation of the blood and lymph.
- Cover yourself with a blanket and relax for 30 or 40 minutes.
If the anti-cellulite remedy gives your skin a burning sensation, or if you feel unwell during this treatment, take off the wrap immediately, have a lukewarm shower and apply a hydrating cream.
You can use this Safe and Proven Recipe for Anti-Cellulite Wraps:
Add some water to a cosmetic clay to achieve the texture of a thick cream. Add a few drops of essential oil (the best choice for this purpose is orange oil). Apply the mixture to the problem zones. You can also add a teaspoonful of honey to boost metabolism and to nourish your skin.
A course of treatment consists of 12 wraps which should be made three times a week. To consolidate the effect, the same treatment should be done every six months
Comprehensive treatment of cellulite also involves physical exercise and a healthy diet.
It is common knowledge that massage is the most effective method of treatment for cellulite. The article on DIY anti-cellulite massage describes the main techniques of massage and all kinds of massage tools. However, most massage tools perform a single massage technique, which is not highly effective. A suction cup, on the other hand, has proved to be a highly effective tool for removing sub-dermal fat deposits.
How to use Vacuum Suction Cups
Apply some oil or cream on the problem areas you are going to treat.
Squeeze a suction cup to remove the air from it. Put the cup on your the and let the vacuum inside the cup create suction. You may experience a slightly unpleasant sensation at this point.
Once there is a good contact between your skin and the cup, you can start doing massage. Make circling movements on the skin of your buttocks and straight downward movements from the hip to the knee and upward — from the knee to the hip. Make sure you do not massage the area behind your knee and the inner thigh.
The fold of the buttocks is the most difficult area for cupping. This is the place where the cup keeps losing suction. If this is the case, you may want to change the posture and either squat or put your foot on a chair.
The optimal timing for this kind of massage is half an hour, i.e. 15 minutes for each leg.
This massage should be done every other day for one or two months.
An anti-cellulite diet suggests a balanced intake of fats, carbohydrates, proteins, minerals and vitamins.
You are bound to get rid of cellulite in no time if you follow these dietary rules:
- Drink 2.5 — 3 liters of pure still water daily.
- Have a salad of carrots, cabbage, and pepper for breakfast.
- Have three or four meals a day every three or four hours. Never eat between meals.
- Eat as much fruit and vegetables as possible. Eat fruit 15-20 minutes before a meal. Vegetables should be eaten as a side dish with your main course. The fiber that is contained in vegetables promotes digestion and helps to remove toxins from your body.
- Eat the foods that are rich in potassium, such as melon, oranges, bananas and carrots.
- Drink mineral water, preferably those that contain potassium, iron, and magnesium. Drink a lot of herbs and green tea.
- Eat dill, since it is a good diuretic remedy.
- Eat as little sugar and salt as possible.
- Chew your food thoroughly.
- Have your last meal at least two or three hours before bed.
As a result of a balanced diet, used along with the other methods of anti-cellulite treatment, you are bound to get rid of cellulite. As an extra benefit, you will get better skin, overall wellness, more energy and higher self-confidence.
As you can see, it is impossible to get rid of cellulite without the use of cosmetic remedies. Anti-cellulite treatment needs a complex approach. Eat healthy food, use body scrubs, wraps, and anti-cellulite massage, do physical exercise. All you need for an ideal skin is your commitment and to take good care of your body.