Almost every woman suffers from this problem. Cellulite is simply fat beneath the skin, pushing up against connective tissue resulting in the visibly bumpy appearance on the skin. It is most commonly located in the areas of thighs, buttocks, and hips. Having cellulite doesn’t mean you are overweight; there are many factors which could be contributing to this bothersome condition. But be assured, that you are not alone and there and many proven sustainable methods which will assist you in eliminating your cellulite permanently if you are consistant.
Actually, 90% of women experience some form of cellulite at some time of their life after puberty, resulting in girls as young as the age 16 concerned about their figures changing for the worse.
In appearance, cellulite looks like:
- High body fat;
- Skin changes;
- Skin tissue deformation;
- Loss of skin elasticity;
- Skin folding on knees;
- Dimples on buttocks, thighs, or more seldom on the abdomen and forearms.
From a medical point of view, “the ordinary deposition of subcutaneous fat in aesthetically significant areas (abdomen, thighs, buttocks, etc.)” is the incorrect meaning of cellulite. This concept is much weightier. Cellulite is a pathological change in the subcutaneous fat metabolism. This disease leads to the appearance of bluish skin color in the affected area, squeezed capillaries, blood and lymph stagnation, visible “broken” capillaries, and so on. In severe cases, cellulite may cause pain when the skin on the problem areas is pinched.
The most common meaning of cellulite is a set of qualitative and quantitative changes in the connective tissue of the skin, which are caused by metabolic processes disorders.
Cellulite usually develops in women aged 20 to 25 years, often during or after pregnancy. To find out if you have cellulite, you can run a simple test.
In this article, we will consider the following questions:
- How to Define Cellulite: All Stages
- What Causes Cellulite: Most Common Reasons
- How to Reduce Cellulite: Proven Methods
How to Define Cellulite: All Stages
According to beauticians, there are 4 stages of cellulite. Here are visible signs to help you identify it:
1st — Pre-Cellulite Stage
It all starts with the slowing of capillaries blood flow, increasing of their walls permeability, violation of venous outflow and lymphatic fluids circulation. There are no visible signs of cellulite to define this stage. The only hint of cellulite appearance is an early bruising from minor blows and insignificant swelling of tissues.
2nd — Initial Cellulite Stage
Gradually, swelling is manifested, toxins accumulate, and a little oxygen comes to the tissues. These changes are only visible in the form of “orange peel” in the case if you squeeze the skin or tense the muscles. There is a slight pallor and decreased skin elasticity in the affected areas.
3rd — Micronoduar Cellulite Stage
Cellulite fat cells are soldered in bunches, flexible fat cells walls become rougher and scar-like. Swelling and microcirculation violation increase. Externally, there is a constant visible “orange peel” effect, in both standing and lying body positions. The skin may have a “knotty” appearance. The small and medium-sized knots can be felt to the touch. Significant tissue swelling is possible, as well as broken capillaries, and painfulness on deep pressure.
4th — Macronoduar Cellulite Stage
The stagnation of lymph is observed in the tissues, venous drainage is impaired. Lack of oxygen contributes to even greater scarring and swelling. External signs of the 4th stage: large, painful nodules welded to the skin. The largest knots can easily be felt; they are hollow areas and consolidations. There is a pronounced swelling of the tissues, the affected areas are painful to the touch. There are also changes in temperature of the tissue.
Fortunately, the 4th cellulite stage is quite rare. The most common are the 2nd and the 3rd. The 4th stage requires medical attention, and for the 2nd and the 3rd, your own efforts are enough.
What Causes Cellulite: Most Common Reasons
Some women are doomed to the cellulite appearance since birth. The first signs of this problem appear on girls as young as 14 years old. Over time, as the metabolism of the subcutaneous fat impairs, the cellulite becomes more noticeable. Often, cellulite appears in young mothers and women who are taking birth control pills. The body is not able to reduce the huge amounts of estrogen, and so it becomes “locked”. The appearance of cellulite also can be caused by a serious injury with the violation of the capillaries blood flow. A sedentary lifestyle also leads to thickening and contraction of the connective tissue, contributing to the formation of dimples and bumps under the skin.
Two Major Processes that Cause Cellulite:
- Fat cells increase.
- Microcirculation disturbance in fat tissue.
Normally, the two processes constantly occur in the fat cells: lipogenesis (fat synthesis) and lipolysis (fat destruction). In the case of pathology, the first process takes precedence over the second. As a result, the cells increase in size and begin to squeeze nearby blood vessels and protrude into the dermis. Accordingly, the skin obtains the so-called “orange peel” look, and the venous outflow slows considerably. That is why women from 35-40 years often complain of having a “heavy” legs feeling.
Apart from the energy, the fatty tissue also stores toxins that, for one reason or another, are not drained from the body. The proximity of the cellulite presses on the skin from the inside contributes to its sagging and color changing. This is why an important part of an integrated approach to cellulite prevention and treatment is exercise, massage, and a variety of methods that increase circulation in problem areas.
We will consider the most frequent causes of cellulite appearance.
Hormonal Causes of Cellulite
Experts note that cellulite is exclusively a female problem. So, it can reasonably be stated that hormonal factors are the main cause of the cellulite formation. The conditions for the cellulite formation occur due to the presence of estrogen.
The probability of cellulite appearance increases greatly during puberty, pregnancy, and menopause. That’s exactly when women have the greatest hormonal fluctuations.
The first assumptions of the hormonal nature of cellulite formation were made after French doctors drew attention to the complete lack of cellulite in men. Thereafter, it was found that the female hormone estrogen provides a predisposition to the fluid accumulation in the female body.
The average amount of estrogen in the female body was particularly increased in the mid-sixties after the birth control pills were invented and became widespread and after the introduction of the hormone replacement therapy for women after menopause.
Estrogen has a specific purpose that is to prepare the body for the conception and gestation. When a woman becomes pregnant, the amount of estrogen in her body decreases quickly. And nowadays, most women have much higher than natural estrogen levels. Its effect includes transporting toxins out of vital organs to the parts of the body where these waste products are relatively harmless to the body. This is where the cellulite gradually forms.
Cellulite is normally not painful because the body successfully copes with the task of removing the decay products away from vital organs. In males, waste products remain where they are formed. As a result, they are more prone to suffer from heart and circulatory system diseases along with having blood pressure problems.
Another cause of cellulite formation is our nutrition in childhood and adolescence. We get used to eating harmful food, and when we start to think about our appearance, orange peel is already on our hips or thighs. The cause of cellulite may not only be because of poor nutrition, but also “too healthy” nutrition i.e. various fad diets, which are implemented when trying to achieve the desired ideal body.
Any unhealthy diet has a destructive effect on the delicate female skin.
Diet restrictions inevitably cause a reduced nutrients intake. This means that all the body’s cells are starving. The extreme diets leading to rapid weight loss are the most harmful to the skin. They cause the skin to contract, and when the diet ends, the weight is gained again. The skin needs to be stretched once more. Radical diets basically do not provide the desired effect, since the supporting muscle tissue is burned instead of fat.
Any allergic reaction is always accompanied by tissue swelling or edema. Allergic edema occurs when food allergens cause fluid flow to the tissues. The body tries to get rid of toxins through their dissolution. Any product that is not tolerated by the body may cause edema. The causes of allergic reactions are often dairy products and wheat.
Intolerance of products that are harmless at first sight may be caused by their excessive consumption. In the first place, it refers to wheat, which is the main component of white bread, cakes, and biscuits. In addition, the enormous consumption of wheat flour products is one of the most common causes of coprostasis.
Fats: Less Fats Consumed Doesn’t Mean Less Cellulite
Up to 40% of calories in food are provided by fats. This is at least twice more than the recommended maximum.
Fats are divided into saturated, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated.
- Saturated fats from animals are the most dangerous to human’s health. These fats are found in very high concentrations in dairy products and red meats. There are also lots of these fats in baked foods (cakes, pastries, biscuits, and so on).
- Polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats usually come from plants and are less dangerous.
It was established experimentally that there is a direct connection between free radicals and dangerous diseases (cancer and severe cardiovascular diseases). Malnutrition coupled with a sedentary lifestyle leads to rapid aging of the skin and the whole body.
The invention of chemical additives to our food has brought us more harm than any other innovation. A huge number of various food additives and preservatives improves the presentation and the taste of a product but strongly undermines health completely. Products with these additives keep well and easy to sell, but the nutritional value of the ingredients used is often reduced to zero. In other words, almost nothing beneficial is left of these products’ as they are completely useless to our health.
It is important to understand that we consume a considerable amount of chemicals even with fresh food. Chemicals are used the majority of fruits and vegetables. Almost all the meat offered for sale contains traces of hormones and antibiotics. All these substances settle in our bodies. The human body is unable to digest artificial additives due to the lack of necessary enzymes. Many of them inevitably end up on our hips.
So, if you eat unhealthily, you can forget about the smooth skin without the “orange peel”.
Bad habits that cause cellulite:
- Drinking alcohol
- Drinking coffee
Nowadays, women smoke almost on a par with men. A thin cigarette in an elegant female hand is a sign of stylishness and accentuated sexuality. Unfortunately, beautiful ladies rarely think about how nicotine gradually destroys their beauty. Cellulite is a possible effect of smoking, just like tooth enamel and lung problems.
The negative effects of nicotine on the skin are complex:
- Impaired oxygen metabolism in tissues;
- Blood is cleared worse;
- Cells accumulate toxins easier;
- Vitamin C is destroyed, therefore absorption of different substances (for example, zinc) is complicated.
If you cannot give up smoking, follow these rules:
- Never increase the number of cigarette packs smoked per week.
- Engage in regular physical activity with a higher load level: swimming, aerobics, jogging, bicycling.
- Increase your vitamin C intake. For example, eat more citrus fruits and berries.
If you do not want to become a “happy owner” of cellulite, remember:
So, if you decided to get rid of cellulite, you should not drink alcohol at all.
- 1 gram of alcohol contains about 7 calories, making it very a calorically dense drink. And these calories have absolutely no nutritional value.
- Alcohol lowers the level of testosterone, which is absolutely necessary to strengthen muscles. This negative effect leads to muscles weakening and decreased metabolism.
- Alcohol increases the appetite. Studies have shown that taking alcohol before a meal leads to the consumption of more calories.
Caffeine creates an additional burden on the glands that produce adrenaline and releases it. Like cocaine, caffeine gives the body additional excitation, causing the adrenal glands to constantly produce extra adrenaline. Our body doesn’t have the ability to use all of this adrenaline.
Several studies have shown that consuming more than three cups of coffee per day can be dangerous for the body.
For most women, the presence of cellulite is an indirect indication of enormous caffeine intake in the form of coffee, tea, or cola. Chocolate also contains a huge amount of caffeine.
Lack of physical activity and a sedentary lifestyle can cause cellulite in various forms. A sedentary lifestyle can also affect the state of the lymphatic and venous system, pulmonary circulation, and lead to excessive weight gain.
Stimulation of the lymph return to the blood through the lymphatic vessels and is carried out by pumping action of the leg muscles, thorax-abdominal pump, and plantar reflex. The body of a human living a sedentary lifestyle simply is not able to make this system work in a right way. In the course of the day, there comes a time when the tissues of the legs gradually accumulate fluid, which leads to a stretching of the skin and tissues. Enormously stretched tissues with the lost elasticity contribute to the further accumulation of protein-rich fluid, forming fibrous tissue. The accumulation of venous blood destroys the capillaries walls; the blood enters the surrounding tissues and causes, even more, damage.
Regular self-massage in the evenings is the best way to restore the elasticity of the skin and tissues. Another option is to have a regular professional massage, which should be done at least once a week. This will protect the legs and buttocks from the cellulite appearance and their increasing in size, as well as prevent the progression of varicose veins.
Heredity is a key factor for the development of cellulite. A predisposition to cellulite is inherited through the female lineage. Therefore, a girl could look closely at her mother, grandmother, and other female relatives, and determine whether cellulite could potentially develop for herself. The development of cellulite also depends a lot on the body type you have. Most often, cellulite affects women who have a typically “feminine” rounded or curvy body shape.
Cellulite can be found in teenagers, who eat healthily, have enough exercise, do not smoke or drink alcohol. In this case, they must have a medical examination of the whole organism. If the teenager is completely healthy, cellulite is heredity, which she got from her mother or grandmother. It should be treated with the help of massages, masks, scrubs, and other methods.
How to Reduce Cellulite: Proven Methods
It is possible to reduce cellulite without the case of a complex treatment. We will tell you about the most effective anti-cellulite methods.
Healthy Lifestyle to Reduce Cellulite
To not be afraid of cosmetic defects, follow these rules of a healthy lifestyle.
- Avoid foods which causing violations to the liver and slow down the excretion of toxins and impurities.
- In the case of gynecological problems and failures, it is necessary to consult a specialist as soon as possible.
- To avoid the consequences of inactivity, you need to incorporate regular moderate physical exercise — walking, jogging, cycling.
- Minimize wearing of high-heeled shoes and tight clothing, preventing normal blood circulation in the tissues.
- Learn how to breathe correctly, using the maximum capacity of your lungs, in order to ensure the maximum possible oxygen flow into the blood.
- Take control over the intensity of emotions that result in dilation of blood vessels, change the muscle tone, leading, as a rule, to increased vascular permeability.
- Stop smoking to avoid interruptions to the bodyies oxygen supply.
- Drink at least 2 liters of water throughout the day. This will provide faster and more intensive toxins drain from the body.
Healthy Diet: Golden Rules that will Destroy Cellulite
If you balance your diet, you may reduce cellulite from sight completely. If you sustain a balanced diet, you will never suffer from this problem again.
You should follow three nutrition rules. They work, and if you start to follow them, you will be able to lose weight and get rid of cellulite. Do not take these rules as a diet. Proper nutrition is rather a lifestyle, which you will soon adjust to and love, never wanting to consume harmful food or drinks again.
- It is very important to drink 2 liters of clean water per day. In general, you should drink only water, completely eliminating other drinks (the exception is green tea with ginger and lemon). Regular drinking will not only help you get rid of cellulite but also lose weight. Drink only before having a meal. You should not drink during and after a meal — it troubles the digestion process.
- You should eat only non-heat-treated foods. Basically, all health problems begin with the heat treatment of food. Try to eat as many raw fruits and vegetables as possible.
- You should not eat protein and carbohydrates at the same time. This means that you should not combine meat with potatoes or rice. The interval between such products should be at least 2 hours. In general, the meat should be eaten only with greens and fresh vegetables. Try to eat as little different kinds of food in the same meal as possible. Of course, it is best to have only one type of food per meal, for example, only vegetables, fruit, nuts, or grains.
How to Reduce Cellulite on Thighs and Butt Fast with Exercises
Any physical activity is a necessity in the fight against cellulite. However, we must understand that exercise alone is not enough to reduce cellulite on butt and thighs. We need to use a range of combined measures: proper nutrition, massage, lymphatic drainage, body wraps, and special cosmetics.
Cellulite treatment requires patience and understanding that the “orange peel” will not be gone forever. It should be treated constantly, carrying out large-scale strikes in all directions: food, procedures, physical activity. The more “deep” the orange peel is, the bigger efforts are needed to combat it.
Without physical activity getting rid of cellulite is absolutely impossible. Even if you have enough money to attend an expensive cosmetic clinic for cellulite removal, lack of exercise will soon void all your anti-cellulite “financial investments”. It will inevitably appear again.
Workouts help immensely to get rid of cellulite. They solve the problem from the inside. Physically trained women either do not have the orange peel at all, or their cellulite is barely noticeable. This is due to the fact that female athletes have trained muscles. Therefore, the subcutaneous fat does not come into the dermis (and this is the reason of the cellulite appearance).
The most effective power exercises include squats (of any kind); leg presses (effective for strengthening the buttocks and thigh muscles), lunges (both forward and side) hip abductions, leg curl (better using special equipment).
Scientists recommend paying special attention to fast walking, jogging, aerobics, dancing, bicycling, and swimming. If possible, alternate different kinds of activities to load your body differently.
How to Choose Anti-Cellulite Creams
The main task of an anti-cellulite cream is to improve blood circulation and eliminate fat deposits. With creams, you can completely get rid of cellulite only in the initial stage.
The necessary ingredients of a good anti-cellulite cream:
- Caffeine, which improves blood circulation and contributes to the disintegration of fat molecules.
- If caffeine is not present, there must be an extract of green or white tea, which provides a similar effect. They also strengthen the blood vessels walls.
- If you have edema and vascular mesh, choose a cream with grape extract, which is rich in antioxidants which have a positive effect on the capillaries.
- The most effective anti-cellulite cream contains aminophylline, which promotes a blood rush and breaks down fat molecules.
- If you are not allergic to the red pepper, you should choose an anti-cellulite cream with this ingredient; it warms up the problem areas and improves blood circulation.
- If you are allergic to pepper, you should choose a cream with citrus oils or cocoa butter.
- Medicinal herb extracts in creams are desirable — chestnut, ivy, horsetail, or horsepine; seaweed are also effective (kelp, fucus), as they perfectly drain toxins.
- Ethereal oils (cypress, citrus, juniper), which tighten the skin and tone it.
If you use the cream regularly after a rough scrub, you will achieve good results. If you beat cellulite, do not forget about continuous body skin care afterward.
Anti-Cellulite Oils for Massage, Wraps, and Baths
Aromatic oils have a huge number of useful properties; they are actively used in cosmetics and medicine. Ethereal oils have been honored immemorial. One of the ancient admirers of the aroma oils is famous Cleopatra. She was convinced that she preserved the beauty and youth of her skin thanks to aromatherapy.
One of the main advantages of ethereal oils is their ability to effectively fight cellulite. When aromatic oils are applied to the problem areas, their active components warm up the skin, improve blood circulation by stimulating lymph currents.
The effectiveness of anti-cellulite aromatherapy treatments depends directly on the choice of essential oils. But no matter how effective the procedures themselves are, it is impossible to solve the problem completely only with their help alone. They should always be combined with exercise and balanced nutrition.
The fight against cellulite or rather the treatment of this widespread disease is carried out using the so-called lipolysis ethereal oils that break down fats. They are active, quite aggressive and often toxic substances, which cannot be used during pregnancy.
The powerful ethereal oils should be used in blends, allowing complementing or offsetting the characteristics of individual essential oils, providing systemic changes. It is important to keep to a strict dosage.
Anti-cellulite oil can be used for problem areas by rubbing, massage, and in baths. Anti-cellulite massage with ethereal oils warms up the fat cells, speeds up metabolism, improves the skin regeneration process. As a result, cellulite is effectively eliminated, the skin is smoothed.
The most common anti-cellulite ethereal oils are as follows:
These oils can be added to an anti-cellulite cream to enhance its effect.
You may also enrich any anti-cellulite products with ethereal oils. These are the most effective mixtures to enrich the creams:
- Rosemary, geranium, sage, and lavender (one drop of each) ethereal oils with three drops of juniper oil.
- Equal parts of hazelnut, lavender, rosemary and lemon oils with the base almond oil.
- Equal parts of rosemary, neroli, geranium, and hazelnut oils with honey or alcohol.
- 8 drops of lemon and lavender mixed with 15 drops of rosemary and 10 drops of thyme ethereal oils.
How to do Cellulite Body Wraps
Cellulite body wraps are divided into two main types — cold and hot. If you decide to carry these techniques out by yourself, you should take into account that both of these methods have certain limitations. Hot wraps are not allowed to be used if you have varicose veins, and cold wraps are not recommended for women with gynecological problems.
- Hot body wraps enhance pores and blood vessels, improve blood flow and activate metabolic processes. The active ingredients eliminate puffiness and drain toxins from the subcutaneous fat. At the same time, the supply of oxygen, which is the main fat burning element, is activated to the problem areas.
- Otherwise, cold wraps constrict blood vessels; accelerate the toxins drain through the lymph and internal organs. The cold, which affects the skin with the help of anti-cellulite ingredients, has a beneficial effect on blood vessels, tones the skin, and relieves legs.
If you don’t have contraindications to body wraps, the most effective way of using them is alternating with both hot and cold options. Such contrast procedures scheme stimulates blood circulation even better, strengthens blood vessels and skin structure.
The Basic Rules of making Body Wraps
- When making anti-cellulite body wraps at home, apply the mixture to the cleansed skin of the problem areas.
- Then, wrap these areas with plastic wrap and put on thermal shorts or wrap yourself with a blanket (for the hot wraps).
- If you prefer to exercise during the procedure, 20-30 minutes is enough to achieve the best results. If you are making wraps without exercise, then the duration of the procedure may be increased up to an hour.
- After anti-cellulite body wraps, wash off the active substance in the shower, and apply a cooling gel with lifting effect or a special anti-cellulite cream to your skin.
The frequency of procedures should be no less than two body wraps in a week, and the duration of the course is 10-12 or more procedures.
Anti-Cellulite Massage: Useful Tips
The most effective way to get rid of cellulite remains is by massaging the problem areas. Home massage for cellulite should be done regularly, several times a year during at least 3-4 weeks.
Before self-massage, you should consider the following rules:
- Before the massage, heat the muscles under a hot shower and clean the skin using a scrub. Then rub the problem areas with a brush or mitt until they are red and slightly burning.
- Apply anti-cellulite cosmetics to the wet skin downwards
- Be careful with the intensity of the massage to avoid capillaries burst and blood vessels irritation. The movement should be gentle, smooth, and gradually increasing in pace and the force of pressure.
- Start the massage from the bottom and gradually continue to the top, toward the heart. During the massage, avoid lymph node areas: groin, upper thigh, popliteal, and armpit.
- Massage the abdomen with careful, gentle movements.
- If cellulite is only on the upper part of the thigh, the entire surface of the legs still needs to be massaged.
- If your skin becomes red during the massage, this is a good sign, meaning that it is being done correctly.
- Massage procedures should be carried out at least 2 times per week for 30-60 minutes to obtain a stable result
For the most effective results, you should use the full set of measures against cellulite, including proper nutrition, exercise, and other anti-cellulite treatments.
Anti-cellulite underwear has the mini-sauna effect, the massage effect on the problem areas increases the skin elasticity, helps to lose weight and make your skin look more attractive.
Anti-cellulite underwear is produced of three-layer material using a patented technology.
The first (outer) layer is elastic fabric with lycra. It is designed to create an attractive silhouette (tightens the tummy, hips, and buttocks). To this, the first “slimming” layer provides a slight pressure on the problem areas.
The second (middle) layer is made of hypoallergenic latex material (based on rubber). It is because of latex a sauna effect is achieved — it intensifies the process of sweating, softens fat, and increases blood and lymph circulation. As a result, the skin becomes more smooth and even. In addition, the latex layer has a massaging effect on the body and allows the skin to “breathe” due to its porous structure.
The third layer (internal) is made of natural cotton that does not have anti-cellulite properties but feels pleasant and comfortable on the skin making it practical.
Anti-cellulite underwear and clothes are not recommended to wear in the following cases:
- Gynecological diseases
- Varicose veins
- Cardiovascular system diseases
- Dermatitis, rashes, cuts, open wounds, and scratches
Unfortunately, anti-cellulite underwear and clothes are not a cure for cellulite. Getting rid of cellulite requires a complex approach, including proper nutrition, physical exercise, use of homemade and cosmetic creams, scrubs, and various wraps, as well as special massage courses. Anti-cellulite underwear can be a good addition to any treatment program for “orange peel”. The main thing is that you should actually want to wear the corrective underwear and have no contradications for it.
Body mesotherapy for cellulite is a highly effective method since meso-coctail injections directly affect the improvement of metabolic processes. This type of procedure may not only remove the hated “orange peel”, but also provide lift, elasticity, and rejuvenation of the skin.
For the procedure, the various so-called “cocktails” are used. Their composition often includes homeopathic doses of herbal ingredients. Cocktail ingredients are selected by the cosmetologist physician on the individual basis only, depending on the cellulite type and stage.
Since the long-term cellulite elimination is a difficult task, the administration of drugs is carried out by a complex scheme, and the cocktail composition is changed all the time. First, the solutions are injected for improving lymph drainage, then — for splitting fat cells, then — for improving microcirculation, and finally — for increasing the muscle tone.
Anti-cellulite mesotherapy combines well with lymphatic drainage sessions, body wraps, and massage. These methods together may have miraculous results just in 10 procedures. Depending on the stage of cellulite, 10-15 procedures may be needed for the maximum effect. The frequency also depends on the stage of cellulite; it ranges from 1 to 2 sessions per week. The repeated therapy course can be carried out at least six months (or a year) after the first one.
Mesotherapy has gained enormous popularity due to its numerous advantages; including:
- High efficiency; first results are visible after 2-3 treatments.
- A small amount of drugs that are injected into the skin as part of meso-coctail doesn’t have a big impact on the natural processes in the body.
- The long duration of the achieved results due to the deposition effect.
- Minimum risk and very few possible complications.
- Seldom visits to a beautician, the procedures may be carried out without disrupting the usual schedule of life.
- May be combined with other figure correction methods.
Liposuction or lipoplasty is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures.
Liposuction helps solve the problem of cellulite. During the operation, fat accumulations are removed, which form the bumpy skin surface.
First, cellulite deposits are treated with directed ultrasonic waves, transforming the fats into a liquid consistency. When the cellular structures have “melted down”, they are then gently pumped through the very small incisions. Ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty is less traumatic, as the impact is targeted strictly to the fatty tissue area; the vascular tree is not affected or damaged.
In general, an ultrasound surgical procedure of removing cellulite is not difficult and leads to sustained long-term results. This surgery is tolerated easily, it does not require a long recovery period, and is not followed by any complications.
This method involves pre-processing of fatty tissue, which is planned to be removed during surgery. The compacted cellulite structures in the skin are emulsified with special medical solutions. Then, the liquefied substance is easily and quickly removed via the thin tubes called cannulas. The composition of the liquid injected into the cellulite localization areas includes saline solution, lidocaine (anesthetic) and epinephrine (Klein solution). Lidocaine can act as an anesthetic if the operation is not too voluminous and does not require general anesthesia. The amount of solution is calculated based on the size of the tissue to be treated. This method allows avoiding damages to blood vessels and nerves. Blood loss during tumescent lipoplasty is minimal; rehabilitation period is short and uncomplicated.
This method might rather be called the hardware cosmetology treatment; however, the results of laser-assisted cellulite tissues correction of are quite comparable with the results of the normal surgical liposuction. Before the procedure, anesthesia (local anesthesia) is made. Then, the area of fatty subcutaneous tissue localization is exposed to directed radiation. Its depth is precisely calculated, and the intensity is strictly dosed. The risk of the damage to the deep-lying tissues or internal organs is nullified. Security of this method of cellulite elimination is the reason why it may be called a very promising direction of aesthetic medicine.
As a rule, cosmetic liposuction has no serious complications. Its side-effects, such as soft tissues swelling and minor bruising, last for about 2 weeks. Before the complete healing of the operated areas, the patient needs to wear special compression underwear. At the site of punctures and micro-incisions, very faint scars are left.
So, there are many methods to get rid of cellulite. You can choose any of them, but we recommend using several methods together. Results comes to those who look after it. You will beat cellulite if you really want to. We wish you all the best in this fight!