What is the best skin whitening cream for Indian Skin? How do creams react on facial skin? How to choose the best bleaching cream? What should I pay attention to? What is the best body whitening cream? – Do these questions sound familiar to you? These are all common questions amongst Indian women.
Before purchasing a bleaching agent you should always check the ingredients of the cream. The best whitening cream for Indian skin will differ from person to person but there are some components which are necessary. All creams for dark skin are made differently so it’s important to ensure that the cream you use has the necessary components for its purpose to provide the utmost benefits to your specific skin-type. It’s been proven that even a homemade skin whitening night cream applied persistently over a period of time will provide fine results too, you will just need to know the right components. There are benefits to using a cream that isn’t homemade though. The shelf-life is longer and contains stronger ingredients than a natural homemade cream. So now you will be informed of everything to look for when purchasing a skin whitening cream so that you can have the best results.
For visible results, the best cream for Indian skin whitening should contain:
Hydroquinone: The main principle action of Hydroquinone is to inhibit or slow down the activity of melanocytes. It’s no longer a secret that this component has certain side-effects, so it should not be used in excess (abused). If after continuously using a cream containing hydroquinone for few months and your skin pigmentation doesn’t brighten, you should discontinue its use.
Arbutin: The main source of this glycoside is Bearberry, that’s why one should pay attention whether the cream contains it. The working action is similar as hydroquinone, but it may sometimes have adverse & dangerous side effects.
Beta-Carotene: The human organism converts Beta-Carotene to “Vitamin-A (retinol). This neutralizes the Tyrosinase receptors in melanocytes, which in turn stop melanin production.
Glycolic acid: Helps in speeding up the skin’s natural renewal process.
T Retinol: The main action is aimed to stimulate the renewal of cells and peeling off those containing melanin. On regular use, it causes peeling of the skin.
SPF: If you are over 30 or you have problems with hyperpigmentation, choose a two in one fairness cream with SPF to save your money.
First of all, it should be kept in mind that, a good quality whitening cream contains acids of fruits and natural components, which may be delicate, and mild but have an effective action. The ingredients of a good fairness cream should definitely have one of the following components;
- Vitamin C- Ascorbic acid improves metabolism, strengthens the walls of capillaries.
- Lactic acid
- Glutathione amino acid
- Extract of Almonds
- Oil of Jojoba and Aloe-Vera, which nourishes the skin and normalizes melanin formation.
- Vitamin E or Tocopherol- besides being an excellent antioxidant prevents the appearance of wrinkles, acts in whitening of skin and preserves the cell immunity.
- Panthenol- responsible for regeneration of cells.
- Herbal extracts- e.g. lemon, cucumber, and parsley. These extracts have bleaching, nourishing and skin toning properties.
How to Use Facial Whitening Creams?
Application of these creams is a very important factor, because even the best creams, if not used properly, may give adverse effects and harm your skin. To avoid this, precautions should be taken.
- Before applying the cream, it is advisable to do an allergy test. Apply the bleaching cream on the tip of your elbow and wait for 20-30 minutes. If there is no reddening or any adverse effect, you can use it safely.
- Do not apply whitening creams on a bright sunny day. In the evening is the perfect time for these procedures.
- Always use sunscreen agents with a 25SPF (Sun Protection Factor) level while using bleaching creams. Use protection every time you go outside.
- Your face should be clean and dry before applying the cream.
- The whitening product should be applied during evening hours and left overnight. During the hours of the day, the pigmentation rate is increased.
- Use a multi-purpose approach, i.e. besides whitening creams; it’s necessary to do some cosmetic procedures which promote whitening of your skin. You can use natural & traditional methods also.
Ranking on the Best Creams for Skin Whitening
To brighten up your face & reduce pigmented spots then particular creams can help with this.
Best Creams for Facial Whitening in 2017 — Editor’s Choice
There are hundreds of creams & other ways, such as home remedies for skin whitening, which whiten your skin, but when it comes to deciding which one to buy, how to choose the appropriate & best quality cream; it can be quite problematic since the prices of all these cosmetic items are not low and of course you don’t want to waste your money. Our team of experts has analyzed the products of many leading companies, keeping in mind the necessities of the consumers.
In this rating, we present you not only their brand names but their advantages & disadvantages also. By this, you will be able to select the correct & perfect cream for your skin treatment.
- Contains three effective components. Vitamin B3, B5, and Pro E.
- The whitening effects are visible after regular use for a week.
- Protects your face from sun-rays.
- Ideal for normal and dry types of skin.
- Excess nourishing for an oily skin.
- Does not remove wrinkles.
- Contains herbal extracts and Multi-Vitamins.
- Protects from harmful solar rays.
- Tarnishes and whitens skin.
- Stimulates formation of new cells.
- In some cases, this cream might provoke Acne.
- Absorbs quickly into the skin.
- Affordable price.
- Convenient packaging (Dispenser).
- Suitable for oily skin.
- Protects from sun-rays and prevents wrinkles.
- At the base of the bottle, some cream is always left (residue), which is not economical.
- Is evenly applied and rapidly absorbs.
- Gives a radiant stain to the skin.
- Does not clog the pores.
- Contains UV-filters (Ultra-Violet).
- Might leave a white stain on dry skin.
- Contains alcohol & other ingredients, which dry your skin.
- A perfect sunscreen cream.
- Suitable for all types of skin.
- Brightens skin tone and improves micro-circulation. In this way it prevents wrinkles.
- Good for oily skin
- Very high price
Nivea Visage’s “Sparkling Glow” Cream
- Suitable for all types of skin.
- Moisturizes and nourishes facial skin.
- Treats inflammations of the skin.
- Prevents pimples from emerging.
- Gives sun-screen protection.
- Protects from harmful sun-rays.
- Perfectly whitens your skin.
- High price (costly).
- Inconvenient packaging.
- Micro-peeling with the help of fruit extracts.
- Contains Vitamin C.
- Ideal for all types of skin.
- Exfoliates (peels) and brightens skin.
- Pungent lemon odor.
- Could be supersaturated for those with oily skin.
Best Fairness Creams: Customer Reviews
Similarly, we analyzed hundreds of reviews & comments over the past two years and collected a list of nine items, which according to consumers give an excellent bleaching effect.
An anti-aging complex cream concentrated with whitening effect made for rejuvenation of mature skin and completely meets its need by Orchid power. Skin after the age of fifty loses its strength & energy, that’s why it requires superior nourishing and whitening of pigmented spots.
L’Oréal’s Age Re-Perfect Pro-Calcium ~$100
Day & Night bleaching cream for mature skin, developed as of the latest scientific discoveries- gives ideal nourishment for aged skin and recovers lack of calcium in an epidermis. This cream provides the skin with more elasticity, smoothness, and delicateness.
Biotherm’s White Detox Cream
Whitening cream-serum with double effect;
- Whitens face.
- Effectively fights against the emergence of pigmented spots due to Vitamin C & Kiwi extract, by regulating melanin production.
Detox-complex detoxifies the organism and with the help of Anti-radical effects, your skin becomes radiant & delicate. Thoroughly balanced micro-elements stimulate the metabolism and regenerate cells.
ADN from Yves Roche Cream
Whitening cellular-serum; this French cosmetic brand containing melanin was developed especially for women above 30, whose skin had an emergence of pigmented spots and needed bleaching. Serum with malt extract acts deeply in the epidermis and is 100% herbal.
Chanel’s Performance Anti-Taches Cream
Serum — pigmented spots whitener. An exclusive product from Endormeline Chanel Laboratories, which whitens your face with the help of three components; extract of Narcissus bulb, extract of licorice root and stabilized Vitamin C. This complexed cream slows down the metabolism rate of pigmented cells, so that your skin becomes smooth, even and bright. The delicate and transparent structure of this serum blends with your skin and creates an atmosphere of freshness & lightness. This serum can be used in morning and evening, applying it evenly on the face, neck, breasts, and hands.
Whitening serum for face; CL-302, contains molecules of natural antioxidants. This revolutionary serum bleaches your face and evens skin tone, due to its unique composition of professional ingredients. It is completely harmless & safe for skin. This serum can be used twice a day. Sunscreen protection cream should also be applied with this.
Helena Rubinstein’s — Prodigy Age Spot Reducer
Bleaching cream with strong depigmenting ingredients containing an extract of Peruvian Brazil wood and roots of Gentian Cruciate, which effectively fight against dark spots on the face due to ultra-violet rays. This product easily manages the results and fights against new attacks. Besides this, the product contains herbal extracts, which remove the aging factor and give your skin brightness & consistency.
Yves Saint Laurent’s SPF 12- Temps Majeure
Whitening cream with UV filters guarantees double protection from pigmented spots and dehydration of the facial skin. This cream is slightly silky in texture, prevents hyper pigmentation, whitens and protects the skin from the outer harsh atmosphere- UVA & UVB. Your skin becomes smooth, elastic and bright. This bleaching cream is recommended for use in morning hours.
Orchid Imperial White Cream from Guerlain
Whitening cream with extracts of white orchids significantly reduces dark facial spots, removes wrinkles and deeply moisturizes your skin. Use this cream daily in morning & evening. Though this cream has some indisputable advantages, it is not fit for every pocket.
There’s no need to wait for an astonishing result, meaning anticipation that after the first application, your dark spots will disappear is unrealistic.
The effects of commercial products are visible only after 3-4 days. The active ingredients should do their work to give results. When your skin starts to brighten, do not discontinue the use.
The treatment lasts for 3-4 weeks. You shall achieve the maximum after regular use.
If you accordingly follow the instructions and apply the cream daily, then, after the complete course there will be no dark spots and your skin will look more healthy, bright & natural.
You probably not recognize yourself, after one month’s treatment. Whitening creams not only remove pigmented spots but relieve you from shallow wrinkles. Besides these, bleaching cosmetics are capable of removing pimples & acne also.
We hope that this article has helped you and you are able to choose the correct whitening cream to get rid of dark spots & wrinkles.
Be healthy & beautiful.