Nowadays, even young girls that are not overweight are familiar with cellulite and the so-called orange peel syndrome. In this article, we will not define the meaning of cellulite, since have already covered that in another article. We will consider what causes cellulite and the ways to remove it.
Cellulite not only brings a lot of discomfort and frustration for ladies, it may also negatively affect their self-esteem. One of the most affordable and effective ways to combat this problem is with essential oils (AKA ethereal oils).
- Top 7 Essential Oils for Effective Cellulite Reduction
- Body Wraps with Essential Oils
- Essential Oils Massage
- Tips for Using
7 Essential Oils for Cellulite Reduction
Did you know that the effect of many expensive anti-cellulite products is based on the healing properties of essential oil? They help to nourish and moisturize the skin, restoring its elasticity and smoothness, by that not causing any harm to health. The only contraindication to using them is the idiosyncrasy, which manifests itself in the form of allergic reactions.
Top best anti-cellulite essential oils:
- Peach Kernel
Orange essential oil has a number of useful properties:
- Reduces puffiness and swelling, which often accompany cellulite.
- Normalizes the lymphatic drainage. If legs swell badly, it is recommended to make foot baths.
- It has a tonic effect on the skin. This is especially important for delicate, dry skin with a weakened regenerative capability.
- Perfect for any skin type, including the most sensitive, those that are prone to irritation or allergic reaction.
- It has a unique “smoothing” effect: regular cosmetic procedures with orange essential oil can make wrinkles and other skin “relief” less visible; it also minimizes enlarged pores.
It is important to remember that you should not sunbathe immediately after the procedures with orange ethereal oil, moreover, it is better to avoid sun exposure on skin, as this may result in burns. Orange ethereal oil has such a property as pronounced phototoxicity — meaning it “attracts” and stores sun rays very well.
The cinnamon ethereal oil has a pleasant warm smell, and it also has a warming effect on the skin. Professional athletes often add it to their massage oils because it helps to keep the body skin in great condition and also allows the muscles to adapt to increasing physical activity faster. Most often, cinnamon ethereal oil helps to achieve excellent results in cellulite treatment in the early stages of its development. It is also a great, proven preventive means. Proportions for the anti-cellulite massage with cinnamon ethereal oil: 2-3 drops of ethereal oil per to 10g of the base (honey or olive oil).
In aromatherapy, rosemary ethereal oil is used as an antidepressant, which helps to cope with feelings of fear and insecurity. It also helps to treat “orange peel syndrome”. After using this oil, enlarged pores become significantly smaller and the skin surface becomes smooth and consistent. For an anti-cellulite massage, you need 5-7 drops of rosemary ethereal oil per 10g of a base oil.
Lemon ethereal oil is often used for different types of massage, in particular, for removing muscle pain after intense exercise and for the treatment of rheumatism and varicose veins. Lemon ethereal oil is perfect for restoring smoothness and elasticity of the skin. Therefore, it is often used for removing wrinkles and signs of cellulite. For the massage, you should mix 3-5 drops of this oil per 10g of a base oil. You could make a more effective massage oil if you use both rosemary and lemon ethereal oils (4 drops of each per 10g of base).
Grapefruit essential oil is highly effective in the care of oily skin. It helps to narrow enlarged pores, smooth out roughness, and make the skin fresher and more attractive. It has one significant drawback: just like the orange ethereal oil, it is phototoxic, so it should not be applied on skin before going to the beach, tanning or just walking outside under the hot summer sun, otherwise, you may end up with severe burns. For anti-cellulite massage, mix 8-10 drops of grapefruit essential oil per 10g of base and rub this mixture into the skin.
As for the essential oil made of peach kernels, it is well-known for its comprehensive effect on the skin. It makes sagging, aging, ill kept skin smooth and elastic again. With its help, the epidermal cells become well protected from dehydration. The peach kernel ethereal oil treatments are especially useful for people with dry and sensitive skin. Unlike many other essential oils, this can be used for a massage in its pure form — it does not need any base of a simple oil or honey.
Bergamot is also in the citrus family. So, it would be strange if there were no place for it in a range of anti-cellulite essential oils. Bergamot oil helps to make pores smaller, normalizes the sebaceous and sweat glands secretion, and stimulates the natural cleansing and regeneration skin processes. Usually, for the anti-cellulite massage, 5-7 drops of this oil are mixed with 10g of a base.
Body Wraps with Essential Oils
Anti-cellulite essential oils are used in body wraps as well, which are also a highly effective way to treat this problem. For this purpose, quite a lot of different ethereal oil combinations are used, so every woman may choose which would be perfect for her.
- Mix juniper, lemon, and lavender essential oils with 20ml of base oil. Apply this mixture on problem areas. Then wrap them with plastic wrap and cover with a blanket to make you very warm. You can also layer warm clothes. About an hour later, wash off the oils and apply any nourishing cream you like on your skin.
- Mix natural apple cider vinegar and pure water in a 1:1 ratio, then add peppermint, lemon, and rosemary ethereal oils to 20ml of this solution.
- Make a paste of white clay and pure water; add 3 drops of strong anti-cellulite essential oils like orange or cinnamon. In both cases, it is necessary to make ten procedures every other day.
- Black clay wraps should be carried out for 40 minutes. Dilute the clay with water, add chopped algae (2 tbsp) and mix well. Then add 5 drops of lemon or orange ethereal oil, mix once again and use the mixture as directed.
- Grind algae in a coffee grinder; take 2 tbsp.s of it and mix them with hot water Then, about 20 minutes later (the algae must swell up and cool down), add an egg yolk, 10 drops of lemon ethereal oil, and 20 drops of camphorated oil.
- Wrap with cocoa powder and honey: mix the cocoa powder (10 tbsp), honey (3 tbsp), olive oil (1 tsp), and tangerine essential oil (10 drops). Apply this mixture to the problem areas, wrap with plastic wrap and keep for an hour.
So, the following recipe is quite often used by top models and celebrities. Take your shower gel, pour a small amount of it into a separate container, add bergamot and geranium ethereal oils (4 drops of each), mix well, and then soap all your problem areas with this mixture. Then take a massage glove or rough shower puff and start massaging these areas in active circular motions: first 20 times clockwise, then 20 times contraclockwise. Then you need to take a shower to wash off all the massage oils. You should not wipe dry after this procedure. Mix a little of your body lotion with grapefruit ethereal oil (4 drops) and apply this mixture on your slightly wet skin. The effect of this procedure will please every woman and her skin in particular. Be beautiful!
Any anti-cellulite oil works best after taking a bath with sea salt for 10 minutes (after taking a bath, pores are opened, so the oil is quickly absorbed) or skin cleansing with some homemade scrub (for example, coffee), though you may simply apply the oil after a usual shower.
When you have applied anti-cellulite oil on the problem areas of your body, you need to massage them gently for 10 minutes to allow the oil to absorb completely into the skin. There is no need to wash it off afterward.
If you use this oil 4-6 times a week during 2-3 months, at the same time exercising and eating healthy, you will reduce cellulite considerably, tighten the abdomen and buttocks skin, and get rid of any stretch marks.
Essential Oils Massage
Probably, everyone knows that ethereal oils are used in an anti-cellulite massage. This massage activates the metabolism in skin and tissues; it also improves blood circulation and lymph flow. The result is the activation of the regeneration process, inflammation reduction, and cells cleansing.
So what kinds of ethereal oils are specifically for anti-cellulite, which may be often used in a struggle for beautiful and healthy skin?
The most effective anti-cellulite properties are characteristic to such ethereal oils as juniper, fennel, rosemary, lemon, and geranium. And the most effective anti-cellulite essential oil is grapefruit, which is also perfect in case of obesity.
- Grapefruit. The grapefruit ethereal oil has highly effective anti-cellulite means due to its ability to accelerate lymph flow and excretion of excess fluids from the body. When the excessive water releases from the cells, they immediately begin to nourish better, and normal blood circulation gradually restores.
- Geranium. The effect of this oil is almost the same. To this, it makes the skin more elastic.
- Lemon. Citrus essential oils, in general, are highly effective for treating cellulite. Exactly these oils are the used the most in the struggle against “orange peel syndrome”. So, speaking of lemon and other citrus oils, it should be emphasized that they are often as any other used for cellulite treatment with ethereal oils in beauty salons. One of the reasons for this is, for example, the ability lemon ethereal oil has to burn fat. Body wraps and anti-cellulite massage with this oil improves the metabolism, normalizes blood circulation and smoothes the skin, making it healthier and resilient. Moreover, lemon ethereal oil is also beneficial for treating scars.
- Rosemary. This ethereal oil promotes active excretion of excess water from the tissues, significantly improving the blood flow and stimulates fat metabolism. All this is essential for healthy and beautiful skin.
- Fennel. This ethereal oil is also highly effective, as it activates the elimination of toxins from the skin.
- Juniper. This ethereal oil, especially if it is made of juniper berries, promotes excretion of excess water and toxins from the skin; it also degrades uric acid (which is stored in the tissues) and decontaminates blood.
- Anise. One of the anti-cellulite essential oils that makes loose skin young and elastic again is the wonderful anise oil. It is often used for skin that is prone to sagging. After all, it greatly improves the skin elasticity and normalizes hydro-lipid balance.
- Vetiver. With the help of this ethereal oil, you can improve skin elasticity.
- Jasmine. With the assistance of this essential oil, you can make wrinkled loose skin younger. It makes chest muscles firmer, which means it also promotes muscle improvement.
- Orange. This ethereal oil is also often used in the struggle against “orange peel syndrome”. It may sound funny, however, it is exactly orange ethereal oil that combats the problem of orange peel syndrome and obesity really effectively. To this, it is also able to improve the condition of the dry, cracked and inflamed skin.
- Ylang-ylang. This is the essential oil makes skin younger, protects it from negative environmental influences. It is perfect for sensitive skin moisturizing.
- Cypress. It is a great anti-cellulite ethereal oil. Those, who use it, say that it acts as a vasoconstrictor for varicose. It is also good for obesity, as it normalizes water and the fat metabolism in the body.
- Limette. The limette ethereal oil makes thighs, chest and abdomen muscles more resilient. It is good for loose, flabby skin. It is also effective means for the owners of oily skin, as it has a drying up properties.
- Tangerine. It is an excellent preventive remedy for stretch marks appearance. Of course, it is also useful for cellulite. It is often used in different anti-cellulite ethereal oils mixtures.
- Patchouli. This ethereal oil makes thighs, abdomen and chest muscles more resilient.
- Petitgrain ethereal oil for cellulite. It is also considered one of the great anti-cellulite essential oils — reviews claim that it is able to strengthen chest and abdomen muscles after pregnancy, which is extremely important for many women. To this, it prevents the appearance of stretch marks.
- Rosewood. Just like the previous, this oil is an excellent preventive remedy for stretch marks. It is also perfect for the treatment of cellulite.
All these oils in combination with each other have a stunning effect when they are used in the right way and, most importantly, regularly.
Tips for Using
Anti-cellulite ethereal oils penetrate all organs of the human body, all tissues, and cells. This is an active ingredient, able to harm health if used incorrectly. That is why you need to know contraindications to the use of these substances:
- You should not apply massage oil or pure essential oils on your skin or hair before going out. In fact, these substances increase susceptibility to ultraviolet radiation by several times; they may cause hypertrophied melanin production in the skin, which in turn leads to severe burns or allergies.
- During pregnancy, you must be very careful if you use anti-cellulite mixes: ethereal oils concentration should be 2 times smaller; you should not use ethereal oils that stimulate the uterine contraindictions.
- You must not drink alcohol when using ethereal oils.