Acne is a disorder that dermatologists have known about for ages. Even though there are lots of medicines to deal with this blemish, people often turn to home remedies that have proved their efficacy over centuries. You will not have to wait too long before you see the result of such treatment. Moreover, it will not have adverse side effects on your body.
In this article we will discuss the following aspects of this problem:
- How to prevent acne
- How to take care of problem skin at home
- Homemade skin care products for acne:
How to Prevent Acne
Acne is more likely to occur in certain skin types. As a rule, acne prone skin is bumpy, it has an oily sheen and visible black spots. It quite often becomes red and sloughs off. This skin condition is considered to be related to hormonal shift, therefore you should monitor the concentration of hormones in your body.
In order to prevent a breakout of acne at an early stage, it is essential to do the following:
- remove makeup thoroughly;
- wipe your face with damp tissues and avoid touching your face skin unless it is necessary;
- make sure that you do not wash your face with hot water. High temperature causes your pores to expand, which leads to their subsequent clogging;
- get professional facial cleansing.
How to Take Care of Your Skin at Home
Facial treatment for problem skin types involves a number of essential steps. First and foremost: you must not pick and squeeze zits, much as you would like to do it. Pimple squeezing results in ugly scars which can only be removed by expensive skin resurfacing treatment at a beauty salon.
Step One — Cleanse
You should bear in mind that it is necessary to cleanse your skin twice daily. Even though there is a huge selection of lotions and cleansing remedies available in beauty shops, there is nothing to compare with the ordinary soap Rexel1. It is an all-time remedy to disinfect your skin and dry it up. The recipe for this soap is based on Indian healing herbs. It is an effective remedy for removing skin inflammations and preventing outbreaks of new ones. Rexel also removes skin redness. It cleanses your skin and removes excessive oil. After washing your face, wipe it with lotion or a piece of ice. As an option, you can use some other well-tried remedies, such as chamomile infusion2, which is a perfect disinfectant.
Step Two — Hydrate
Even though problem skin is typically quite oily, it also needs hydrating. This is because the upper layer of skin oil is removed when you wash your face or wipe it with lotion. The best solution is to hydrate your skin with a special hydrating cream or gel designed for problem skin. If you can afford it, buy special beauty milk, which is a perfect remedy to nourish and hydrate inflamed skin.
Step Three — Nourish
It is worth remembering that masks are an essential part of at-home skin care. Skin drying and nourishing masks will not the remove oily sheen, but also give your skin an ivory effect, making it look healthy and preventing acne.
You can either buy special masks that are available in beauty shops or use home remedies. They are not only a lot less expensive than products sold in shops but also more effective in some cases.
Home Remedies for Acne
Apart from Ayurveda skin care products for pimples, you can use homemade masks, gels, scrubs etc. We are going to share some time-tested and proven recipes.
Natural scrubs for pimples are easy to make at home. Such scrubs consist of ingredients that cleanse the pores, remove excess oil from your skin and give it antiseptic and anti-inflammatory treatment.
1. Avocado and Sugar Scrub for Pimples.To prepare this scrub you need 150 mg of sugar, two tablespoonfuls of almond oil and 3-5 tablespoonfuls of mashed avocado. Mix up all the ingredients thoroughly to make a homogeneous substance. Massage gently onto your skin.
2. Lemon Juice and Yogurt Scrub. Put together one tablespoonful of ground oats, one teaspoonful of lemon juice and two teaspoonfuls of yogurt or kefir and mix up. Wash your face with this mixture and leave it on your face for 2 to 4 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
3. Coffee and Cream Scrub. Take some spent coffee grounds and mix them with ordinary hydrating cream. Apply this scrub on the problem areas. Massage gently with your fingertips.
4. Soft Paneer and Rice Scrub. Grind a tablespoonful of rice, add a teaspoonful of olive oil and two tablespoonfuls of paneer and mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Massage your face gently with this substance and leave it on the skin for another 10 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
5. Paneer and Coffee Grounds Scrub. Mix one tablespoonful of soft low-fat paneer and one tablespoonful of spent coffee grounds. Massage the scrub gently onto your skin and continue massaging for another couple of minutes. Leave it on for seven minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
6. Salt and Sour Cream Scrub. Add one teaspoonful of salt to two tablespoonfuls of sour cream. Mix up the ingredients thoroughly and put a thick uniform layer of the substance on your face. Massage your face gently for about 60 seconds, then leave it on for another couple of minutes and wash off with cold water. This scrub must not be left on the skin for more than 5 minutes. It is not recommended to use this remedy more often than once a week. It should not be used if there are popped pimples on the skin.
Homemade cleansing and anti-inflammatory masks are a simple, inexpensive and yet an effective method of eliminating pimples. Depending on which ingredients you use, they can additionally nourish and hydrate your skin.
1. Cucumber or Courgette Mask. Fine grate a medium sized courgette or a cucumber and add a teaspoonful of honey. Put the mask on your face and neck and leave for 30 — 35 minutes. After that rinse off with lukewarm water and apply water based nourishing cream.
An alternative version of the same mask: slice a cucumber and put the slices on your face for a quarter of an hour. Rinse your face with chamomile or Hypericum infusion.
2. Cinnamon and Lemon Mask. Squeeze out half a lemon and add half teaspoonful of ground cinnamon. Massage the mixture gently onto your face and leave for approximately 12 minutes. Add a few drops of lemon juice to lukewarm water and use it to wash off the mask.
3. Cosmetic Clay Masks for Pimples. White, blue or pink clay are the best kinds of cosmetic clay to deal with pimples.
- White Clay. Mix up two teaspoonfuls of white clay with the same amount of warm milk. Add one teaspoonful of talcum powder. This kind of mask is an ideal skin care remedy for pimples in teenagers.
- Pink Clay. Try out this recipe with pink clay. Mix up three teaspoonfuls of pink clay with the same amount of marigold3 infusion and add 5 drops of tea tree oil.
- Blue Clay. Blue clay will be effective with some other components. Add one teaspoonful of lemon juice and one teaspoonful of marigold infusion to one tablespoonful of blue clay. In order to achieve proper texture, you may want to add some water to the mixture.
4. Aspirin Based Mask with Healing Effect. Put together one tablespoonful of honey, one teaspoonful of jojoba oil and a teaspoonful of water. Keep the bowl with this mixture in boiling water to make it warm. Crush 4 tablets of aspirin and add them to the mask. This healing mask does not only remove pimple scars but also eliminates inflammation.
5. Baking Soda Mask. This is another effective remedy to get rid of spots left by pimples. Beat up cleansing gel to form lather and add some baking soda. Use equal amounts of both ingredients.
Lotions prepared from healing herbs have excellent anti-bacterial properties. In addition, they remove oily sheen and make your skin look radiant and healthy.
1. Aloe Vera Lotion. Take a few fresh aloe Vera leaves, wash and dry them and keep them in a cold place for 7 days. By doing it, you will get the leaves to accumulate the maximum amount of minerals and other wholesome materials. After a week chop up the leaves and squeeze out the juice. Use it to wipe your skin twice daily.
2. Essential Oil Lotion. To prepare this recipe you will need 100 mg of rose water, 50 mg of clean water, 1 teaspoonful of vinegar, half a tablespoonful of almond oil, 5 drops of tea tree essential oil, 2 drops of geranium essential oil, 2 drops of lavender essential oil. Put all the ingredients in a small bottle and shake vigorously to mix them all up. Put the lotion in a dark place and let it infuse for 4 days before you first use it. Shake before use. Keep in a cool dark place.
3. Cucumber Lotion. Grate a couple of medium sized cucumbers and cover with spirit. Keep this lotion in a fridge. Wipe your face twice daily. Very soon you will notice that oily sheen has disappeared and your complexion has improved.
4. Grapefruit Lotion. Mix up the juice of half a grapefruit, a tablespoonful of lemon juice and 1 tablespoonful of spirit. Keep this lotion in the fridge for two days before you start applying it. Use twice daily to wipe your skin. The number of pimples on your skin will diminish noticeably before long.
Proper eating habits, correct skin care and positive mood — these are the factors which will make your skin healthy, radiant and beautiful!